Does GP need different flasher for trailer towing?

Was reading on a towing related sight and was wondering if I need a higher rated flasher, or flasher box, for using trailer lights with my 2001 GP?

Thanks

Reply to
TJ 727

Be careful, my 1999 Bonnie has current sensing circuitry for the tail, brake, and turn signal bulbs to alert you if any bulbs are burnt out. So you don't want to over current the sensor circuit with too much current, if your car has current sensing. They make devices that are powered seperatly to run the trailer lights that are controlled from by the car's lights, but powered by a seperate feed to actually light the trailer lights.. I got mine in Walmart's automotive section. it works fine, and a problem (short) in the trailer wiring won't damage anything in the car. Also, the wire size (gauge) in the newer cars is really light weight so running things like trailer lights, two-way radios etc. need heavier power wires than today's cars have. Good luck!!

Reply to
Randy