FS - Aluminum Wheels for Late 60's Pontiac 5x5

I have a full set of 15x6 inch 5 lug on 5 inch bolt circle wheels that fit some years Chevy Trucks, many car trailers, and some 60's Pontiacs. Good condition, 1.00 starting bid for the set. Hope someone can use them-

Thanks CCC

Reply to
<cccentral

Some spam

Against Ebay TOS. Reported as spamming to Ebay and your ISP.

Reply to
FBR

E-bay recomends posting to on topic newsgroups. Hardly spam.

CCC

Reply to
<cccentral

Please don't. If 1% of people with Pontiac-related items on ebay posted here, that would pretty much wash out the actual group content. Your auction isn't really even for Pontiac parts, is it?

Reply to
Joe

They recommend no such thing. You are a commercial entity. Not an occasional or one time seller. I see while you don't mind spamming, going by your email address you don't care for it.

Perhaps you should read the group charter:

The pertinent section; "Inappropriate posts woould be commercial advertising, off-topic (non-Pontiac) posts, personal attacks, or vulgar material (this is intended to be an all-ages inclusive group). "

Sep 10 1997, 12:00 am show options Newsgroups: alt.autos.pontiac From: snipped-for-privacy@escape.ny.com (Snake) - Find messages by this author Date: 1997/09/10 Subject: WELCOME! Here's the FAQ and Charter for alt.autos.pontiac Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse

CHARTER for alt.autos.pontiac

This group will be dedicated to all facets of Pontiac autombiles. It will give Pontiac fans a chance to discuss the restoration, modification, and general enjoyment of all models of Pontiacs. Pontiac fans are often very loyal to the Pontiac line of automobiles, sometimes owning several different vehicles carrying the Pontiac logo. As such, an all encompasing Pontiac group affords these people the opportunity to talk about all things Pontiac instead of being restricted to a particular vehicle, or being lumped in with a lot of non-Pontiac enthusiasts, as in the "alt.autos" or "alt.autos.gm" (which isn't even carried on many servers) groups.

The group will be open to discussion about anything Pontiac related. All years and models are welcomed. Posts concerning restoration, modification, driving, collecting, cars or parts for sale/wanted/trade, personal stories, Pontiac events, and so on are all welcomed. Inappropriate posts woould be commercial advertising, off-topic (non-Pontiac) posts, personal attacks, or vulgar material (this is intended to be an all-ages inclusive group).

I have posted the new group proposal within several other groups, such as "alt.autos", "alt.autos.camaro.firebird", "alt.config", etc., requesting responses and opinions by post or e-mail. The response has been overwhelmingly positive. These people were very enthusiastic about having a proper forum for all-things-Pontiac discussions. Also, most of them wanted the new group in addition to other groups such as the Camaro/Firebird group, not as a replacement group. As I mentioned before, there are many with more that one type of Pontiac vehicle (I myself own two 1970's-style Firebirds AND a 1993 Bonneville SSEi). This new group just gives more of a choice to Pontiac enthusiasts.

RULES

Posts on all aspects of the Pontiac automobile will be encouraged. These Include:

  1. Restoration
  2. Modification
  3. Engine rebuilding
  4. Parts or cars for sale/trade/wanted
  5. Pontiac history
  6. Vehicle specifications
  7. Pontiac-related events
  8. Anything else Pontiac related

Posts that should not be tolerated are:

  1. Non-Pontiac advertisements (SPAM)
  2. Unfriendly comments about other posters
  3. Posts primarily focusing on non-Pontiac vehicles
  4. Multiple posts of the same message
  5. Vulgarity or adult-oriented material
  6. Off-topic posts (no discussions concernign religion, politics, etc. These subjects have appropriate groups elsewhere!)

Again, I firmly believed that this group will be well supported, and that it will serve as a useful group to many Usenet readers. I know that a great number people have already been looking forward to it, and I sincerely appreciate all the support from so many of you that made this group possible!.

Thank you for your time, and again, WELCOME!!!

Andy Kearns

Reply to
FBR

Holy crap! There's a charter!?! I never knew that. Ahhhh 1997, "before the dark time, before the"...WEB killed all the bandwidth!!

GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

This is what I got off of the charter, (see below) I totally agree with CCC, he has the right to post his rims here as it is pontiac related..............................

All years and models are welcomed. Posts concerning restoration, modification, driving, collecting, cars or parts for sale/wanted/trade, personal stories, Pontiac events, and so on are all welcomed. Inappropriate posts woould be commercial advertising, etc. etc.

Dardamar

Well gee, pehaps you might notice HE'S a commercial seller. No, he has no right to post his spam.

Reply to
FBR