Re: 1955 Dodge Red Ram 270 Hemi V-8 engine w/bellhousing FOR SALE

Can I use this to mate a W58 5-speed transmission to my 7M-GE engine?

Reply to
Hachiroku

Response:

people with Toyotas, drive other cars too- not only Toyotas- some also own Dodges that's why

I'm just wondering why a link was posted in a Toyota newsgroup on Usenet.

- hachiroku_ae86

Reply to
Hachiroku

Don't buy it Hachiroku, it has a few problems. It looks like there aren't any spark plugs in it and from all the dead grass on the intake, iit's been sitting in the weeds for a while.

Also, Chrysler didn't make a hemi in 1953 or 1955. They did make a wedge-head in the late '50s, around 56 or 57. The hemi-head didn't come out until around 58 or 59. And both the wedge-head and the early hemi-head were around 380 to 413 cubic inch.

Reply to
Retired VIP

Aw, c'mon, man!! This thing is MINT!

DODGE 241-2BBL RED RAM HEMI ENGINE FROM 1953 DODGE CAR HEADS-VALVE COVERS-ROCKERS ARMS/SHAFTS-PUSHRODS-BOLTS-EXHAUST MANIFOLDS WILL BOLT ON TO LATER 270 POLY ENGINE AND CONVERT IT TO A HEMI- TOP END WILL ALSO BOLT ON TO TALL DECK 315/325 DODGE ENGINES AND CONVERT THEM TO HEMI, WITH ADDITION OF TALL DECK HEMI PUSHRODS (available new from Hot Heads) THIS ENGINE IS COMPLETE CARB TO PAN- FAN TO BELLHOUSING- ORIGINAL CLUTCH BELLHOUSING, CLUTCH, AND CLUTCH FORK STILL INSTALLED- ALSO INCLUDED BUT NOT IN PICTURE IS ORIGINAL FAN ENGINE IS STUCK BUT CAN BE FREED UP AND REBUILT THERE IS SOME MINOR CRACKING DAMAGE NEAR RIGHT SIDE BELLHOUSING COOLING VENT SCREEN (see one picture from underside)- BEING THIS BELL IS CAST ALUMINUM, IT CAN BE VERY EASILY TIG OR MIG WELDED/REPAIRED BY ANY COMPETENT WELDER- (welding aluminum parts is easy) PREFER CUSTOMER PICKUP AT MY LOCATION- EMAIL FOR DETAILS- WILL SHIP ANYWHERE IN USA ON PALLET- BUYER PAYS FREIGHT SHIPPING COSTS (ESTIMATED $450-600 DEPENDING ON DISTANCE) BLOCK IS CODE D44 SEE MY FEEDBACK, OTHER AUCTIONS AUCTION UPDATE- I HAVE FOUND OUT THAT THIS ENGINE IS ACTUALLY A 1953 DODGE RED RAM 241 CUBIC INCH V-8

And it only has a Buy It Now price of $1200!!! With $450 for shipping, what a bargain!!!

And to think you might find one in a boneyard for $150 or so, but then there might be spark plugs, no grass, and no cracks.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Ahhhhh, I stand corrected. I put my bid in just now.

Some guys have a real set of balls, I'd hang my head in shame if I tried to sell that thing.

Reply to
Retired VIP