ft. pds. and pds. inches torque???

i use a regular ft. pds torque wrench on my engine ,but specifications are calling for pd. inches torque??i am guessing that the conversion is around

12 in. per ft.?? so the torque is calling for around 18-20 pd. inches torque that on my ft. pd. wrench is about 1 1/2 to 2 ft. pds.?????? how close am i and just what would be the formula for converting this"?????
Reply to
robert -wanda fox

Shep