Gas Prices a big scam

Price of gas over the last few months have risen not because of shortages but because of speculation of what the industry thought might happen do to world events. These events never happened yet prices never went down. Now do to the floods in the Gulf states something did happen yet prices were already inflated because of things that did not happen yet prices have again began to rise. Prices have already been compensated for things that did not happen yet the American people are getting screwed again just because something finally did happen. Yep folks its all a big scam and it wouldn't surprise me a bit if oil men like the Bush family are profiting from this scam. I would imagine Condi Rice is doing quite well also with her connections to the slimey oil companies.

Reply to
Johnny Angel

Yep. But what can you do?

Reply to
Scott Buchanan

For starters, do not buy gas on September 1st (today now). Get it tomorrow if you must, but don't get it today. Even if the gas companies loose one day's worth of profits, it just might make them think twice about what they are doing. And we should do this often. I know people can not live without gas. They simply can not do it, but we can all put in effort and choose a day once a week or so that no one buys gas. Get it the day before or the day after if you must, but not on that day. It will show them. This second recommendation I heard somewhere: If everyone went to there gas station's, put in exactly $6.21 worth of gas, took there time doing it, then took there time to wash all windows, check oil, trans fluid and what not, then took there time in paying as well. This would eat into the gas companies dollars because we are taking so much time to do it. Oh, and the $6.21? The 6th letter in the alphabet is 'F' and the 21st is 'U'. I mean no offence to anyone who read's this, but I think those two letters basically describes what most people think of gas prices right now.

"Scott Buchanan" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Reply to
80 Knight

What the Hell does it matter if you buy gas on a certain day or not? So they make that day's profits on the day before or the day after your "no buy gas" day. You still use the same amount in the long run. It will only matter if you don't DRIVE for a day.

Besides, if gas had risen at the inflation rate for the past 20 years it would be over three bucks by now. Don't blame the oil companies. Blame that

4500-pound SUV in your neighbor's driveway. It was all fun and games when gas was cheap in the 90's. Let's buy BIG vehicles to show how stylish and cool we are. Time to pay the piper now.

Reply to
Lee C. Carpenter

You are 1000% right Lee

Reply to
Larry

Yep that's part of it. Fact is there has not been a new refinery built in this country in over 20 yr. . Supply vs. demand and the loss of several refineries due to the storm equals a shorter supply. Plenty of crude just not enough capacity to make it into usable fuels and get it out to us folk. Don't blame the oil companies blame those who are against building a refinery so we have enough capacity here at home to make what we need when a natural disaster shuts down the few refineries we have.

Reply to
Repairman

Actually tighten your belt and go for one day without using any gas. It would be an exercise in conservationism. Done weekly, it might take a lot of lard off the American ass. It would certainly take a lot of butter from the Arabs and the major oil companies.

Reply to
<HLS

Absolutely correct.

Reply to
Lee C. Carpenter

Hey my friends from the other side of the big pond,

UK Petrol Prices £4.14 ($7.57)/gal on average.

BEWARE things will only get worse !!!

Reply to
Les CLayton

You're very correct. It eventually will do. Of course the weak dollar is another factor in your conversion, but facts are facts. There is no free lunch.

Reply to
<HLS

So you are volunteering to put a refinery in your back yard? Quit bitching unless you can walk the walk.

The same people that complain about high price gas are the ones that don't allow nuke plants or refineries in their backyard.

I made the choice of moving into an apartment building across the street from where I work, I drive less than 1500 miles a year anymore, I did my bit to cut gas consumption.

I laugh at $5 a gallon gas, even at that price it will still be less than I spend on car insurance each year. If I had my way, gas would be $50 a gallon, then the streets would be a whole hell of lot less busy, with less people on the road my bicycle would be a lot safer.

Reply to
john graesser

Explain how they are going to lose a penny? You still need the gas and are going to buy it. Just not today.

Reply to
Mark

What are you smoking? You think prices went from $1.50 to $3.50 in 2 years because of the SUV's, overpowered pickups and vans that have owned the road for the last 10 ??

Nice logic.

Reply to
Mark

Of which 50% is TAX!

Not fuel cost.

Reply to
No One You Know

They would loose the money from that particular day. Sure, they would still make money the next day and the next day after that but we have to do something to show them we will not put up with there prices. Suggestions?

Reply to
80 Knight

Hey my friends from the other side of the big pond,

UK Petrol Prices =A34.14 ($7.57)/gal on average.

BEWARE things will only get worse !!!

Half is TAX not fuel cost. Compare real price.

Reply to
No One You Know

Car pool.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

Yea, but the people who do the right thing by driving reasonable cars are getting screwed too.

I wouldn't mind high gas prices to discourage consumption if it were due to taxes that would benefit society. But when it goes to benefit already rich people and companies-that is just wrong.

Reply to
Scott Buchanan

Half is TAX not fuel cost. Compare real price.

Sure it is tax, but that is not likely to change. A one day boycott on gasoline would only raise awareness. Cut your average gasoline use by

10-20% and that will be a positive move.
Reply to
<HLS

No, it went up because we're all driving fuel efficient vehicles and not driving more than we have to. It went up because our usage finally overwhelmed our refining capacity. Believe it or not, when you waste fuel like we do, it can happen in two years.

Let me guess....you're part of the "blame the oil companies" crowd, right?

Reply to
Lee C. Carpenter