Might be time to buy a hybrid.

I was thinking of getting rid of the GA and getting a G6 GTP coupe, but with the threat of gas going up to maybe $4 per gallon, I need to seriously think of something that gets better that 25 mpg. More like 35 or 40 mpg might be the way to go. Sure the hybrids are ugly as hell, but it wont cost a mortgage to operate each month.

Reply to
Johnny Angel

Have you considered how much more they cost to buy? It takes somewhere in the neighborhood of 7 years to recoup any "savings" on fuel cost. Yes, it uses less gas, but costs more to purchase in the first place.

Just like those front load clothes washers. We ran the numbers, and it would have taken 8 years to recoup the savings from the lower water use compared to the original cost of the machine, which was basically twice the cost of a top load machine. I save water by using the right water level for the load. I save gas by combing errands and controlling my driving habits.

Melissa

Melissa

Reply to
Melissa

Why buy energy in the first place? A bicycle and rain coat would be even better.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

Paul, doesn't it snow in the Herndon area of Virginia in the winter?

Reply to
StingRay

Oh! Yeah, you are right. I forgot about snow. It's only a bad memory n= ow.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

How many bags of groceries can you get on that bike? I bet you don't shop for five people.

Reply to
Scott Buchanan

Yeh but prices are coming down as we speak.

Reply to
Al Falfa

Could the prices be coming down because the fuel mileage of hybrids is also coming down? A case in point is the Honda Accord Hybrid versus the standard Honda Accord:

Advertised mileage by Honda together with Starting M.S.R.P.:

Honda Accord - Starting M.S.R.P. - $ 18,225 : 5-Speed Manual Transmission (City/Highway) 26/34

6-Speed Manual (City/Highway) 21/30 21/30 5-Speed Automatic Transmission (City/Highway) 24/34

Honda Accord Hybrid - Starting M.S.R.P. - $ 30,140 : (City/Highway) 29/37

Run that cost/benefit analysis by us again Al Falfa! How will it save us money to buy a hybrid? I would humbly suggest that a 5-speed Accord would be more cost efficient than the Hybrid Accord. "A little learning is a dangerous thing"!!!

These stats came straight from Honda's website. If you don't believe me, see for yourself prior to issuing your public apology. :-Þ

Accord:

Accord Hybrid:

begin 666 trans.gif K1TE&.#EA`0`!`(#_`,# P ```"'Y! $`````+ `````!``$```("1 $`.P`` ` end

Reply to
StingRay

Reply to
Bryan Lee