Ignition module

Can anyone tell me why a ignition module would keep burning itself up? Things I've done; check wiring and plugs, replace knock sensor, replaced computer, replace tps, replaced map sensor, check cap and rotor, replace plug wires, I also hooked up my snap on scaner and there are no codes. I can run engine in garage for (last time 2 hours) shuting off and restart anbout 10 time no problem! If I take it out with in 1 mile the engine stumbles and if I drive any longer it will quit all together and won't restart for a couple of hours. and if this is continued it won' restart untill I replace ingnition module! No one seems to know how about here?

Reply to
jack4

Are you sure it's a Pontiac?

Reply to
« Paul =?is
1992 Pontaic Firebird 3.1 liter
Reply to
jack4

The coil has also been replaced.

Reply to
jack4

Just remembered distrubutor was replace and then again first i had a bad pick up coil

Reply to
jack4

i would double check and recheck your engine grounds, had the same similar thing happen to my pickup and it was a loose ground on the motor....

Reply to
Dardamar

Good try have done just that several time and even installed a new ground strap, also grounged computer and went as far as gounding distrubuter body!

Reply to
jack4

replaced

codes.

Are you using heat sinc compound between the module and the distributor?

Rayvan

Reply to
Rayvan