Intake Manifold Gaskets 3.4L

Has anyone out there replaced the upper and lower intake manifold gaskets on the 3.4L engine? If so what were some of the symptoms associated with this?

I have two problems that I think may be associated with this however if anyone has another idea that please reply.

First is my deceleration, if I release the gas pedal at highway speeds the rpm will only go down to 2000 and stay there until I use the brakes.

Secondly my transmission when I stop hard than excelerate hard will slip until the engine gets around 2500-3000 rpm, this just started.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Corcoran

"Frank Corcoran" wrote

Coolant leaks, either external or internal. Those are the symptoms.

Neither of these items has anything to do with leaking lower intake manifold gaskets as far as I know.

The first item may actually be quite normal. The other item.....you should probably start by checking the level of your trans fluid, if it's ok, then it's off to a trans shop to see what they can come up with.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai