Is 1988 Bonneville SSE may become a classic?

I own a 1988 SSE burgundy fully equiped. (leather seats/ electric roof included) I purchased this baby in 1990 from a friend who always change his car every two years. I have reached now 196,000 and never open the engine nor the transmission. Always maintained this car at a GM dealer (screwed me few time on the $$$ side thow!) however I always replaced any defective parts with genuine GM parts...even the wheels nuts!! I have it fully re-painted in 1999 (even replaced the 2 entire rear back light molden plastic due to a delamination problem caused by aging. Never had an accident or any major overhaul. Only problem I had recurring is the alternator that have tendacy to die every 2 years or so...maybe Canadian winter is in cause.(???) After all these years this is still a "Great" machine of pleasure to see and to ride. I have no clue how this exceptional car may worth these days. Is this model may become a classic to keep? Your opinion and experience are welcome. Thanks, Danyel

Reply to
Danyel Hains

I've seen one or two 91 SSE's going for $2000.00 ( USA ). They had about

165,000 miles on them. I doubt there destined to become classics, very low production on them too.

A friend has an 89 SSE with about 40,000 miles on it.

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~267,018 miles_~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face