80 Knight

How big is the little woman's right foot?? On my 3.8 Trans Sport I can get 12mpg (canadian gallon, too) or I can get 30.

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

Must be nice. My '01 Montana with the 3400 get's terrible gas mileage, while my '96 Bonneville with the supercharged 3800 Series II get's around 27 or

28 MPG. Though, I haven't tuned the Montana up yet. I can barley look at the engine, let alone get my arms behind it to get the plugs out. They sure know how to shove an engine in these things.
Reply to
80 Knight

Good luck with that 3.4. Fragile engine compared to the 3.8. My van has 338,000km on it, but had a new engine at 275,000 due to the hamfisted mechanic who worked on it for the original owner.

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

If that's the city MPG your talking about your right in range of what to expect.

Also consider a heavy foot, hilly terrain, stop & go traffic and short runs can all contribute to lower mpg.

How's the plugs, wires, pcv, egr, air & fuel filter & injectors, oxygen sensor?

happy motoring

harryface

05 Park Avenue 41,449 91 Boneville 306,930
Reply to
Harry Face

Yeah, tell me about it. I didn't get the 3400 by choice. I love the 3800. I had 2 of the early Series 1's in a 1990 and then 1991 Bonneville, then a Series II in a '96 Bonneville, and now the supercharged in another '96 Bonnie. I love the things. When I sold my last Bonnie it had almost 280,000 km's on it, and still ran awesome. Original engine, and as far as I know, no major repairs had ever been done to it.

Reply to
80 Knight

Thanks for all the replies. I havent gotten a chance to do a tune up, but the thing runs great. I think I found out why it is getting 17mpg though ( I still think I can get better). THe other day I was riding in the car with the wife driving, as she FLOORED it, she says "boy I cant wait for you to tune this thing up, gas sure is getting really expensive"

Reply to
seeray28(steve)

Sounds like a few women I know - how they fit the size 14 accellerator foot in a size 6 shoe still has me baffled!!!!

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

Your wife and mine must have gone to the same driving school where they learn to accelerate to a stop sign.

Reply to
brxsep