Keyless Entry '03 GP

I recently purchased a second keyless entry remote and followed the instructions that came with it to no avail. I called tech support and they basically regurgitated the same instructions, which are not working. (The tech guy said he'd have to do further research and call me back, which he did not do).

Anyone have any ideas?

Reply to
Ace Hole

This is from the 1998 Service Manual (Vol 1, Sec 8A-132-13)

Note: Have all your transmitters available at one time. Programming will erase all others stored in the car.

1 Pull MALL PGM fuse 2 Turn Ignition to ACC (BCM will chime 2, 3 or 4 times) 3 Turn ignition switch from ACC to OFF, then back to ACC within 1 second. (You are now in program mode) 4 Open and close any vehicle door 5 Press and hold lock and unlock buttons on the transmitter for 14 seconds. You should hear a chime at 7 seconds and at 14 seconds. When you hear the second chime the transmitter is programed. 6 Repeat step 5 for the rest of the transmitters (up to 4 total) 7 Turn ignition to LOCK, reinstall the MALL PGM fuse.

HTH,

Reply to
Matthew Mayer

On the back of your original transmitter, you'll find a code number molded into the plastic just after the letters GM. Your new transmitter must have the same number as the old one for your keyless enter system to communicate with it. Do they match?

-jwardl

.Ace Hole wrote:

Reply to
jwardl

Thanks, Matthew. This is basically the same set of instructions I received from the comapny I bought my remote from.

After trying several different combinations of steps, I finally get both of the remotes programmed, but I never got any confirmation chimes. I think that's what screwed me up in the first place. After I posted the message yesterday, I got the new remote working (and lost the ability to use the old one) because after the umpteenth attempt at trying to program them without any confirmation, I just gave up. Imagine my surprise when I went out to the car this morning and the old remote didn't work.

I h>This is from the 1998 Service Manual (Vol 1, Sec 8A-132-13)

Reply to
Ace Hole