Manual shifting '01 GP?

Can I manually shift the stock 2001 GP GT automatic transmission while the car is rolling?

I know I could do this in my Dodges, but since this is my first GM I thought I'd ask.

Reply to
TJ 727

Except into reverse!! The trans shifts from 1st to second whether you move the lever or not. I believe it will stay in 2nd as long as you leave it there.

Reply to
Doug

Oh yeah, I had a friend do that in his mom's car, she wasn't too happy when she had to replace the transmission.

Right it does, that's why I asked. Usually I start off in 2nd on my hilly side road and sometimes forget to shift up to 3rd before pulling onto the state route, while setting at the stop sign.

Reply to
TJ 727