Misfire questions

I have a 94 Grand Prix, with a 3100. It has 150k miles on it. It was running fine, and the wife calls me and tell me the car is shaking...

I get home, and the exhaust sounds like a misfire. My plugs, and wires are 1 year 3 months old, 15k miles old. The exhaust doesn't smell really rich, and I have no SES light. (I couldn't check it anyway, it's the ODBI/II mutt). So, what should I look for? Should I take the time to remove the plugs and wires and check them out? or should I focus on the ignition coils?

Reply to
clevere

Check wires, could be a bad one. Any vacuum leaks? Check all lines. I had a hose fall of the TB and I couldn't keep it running unless I pumped the gas.

Reply to
Tj

Sounds like a bad plug wire. Check them while they are HOT!!!

15k ohms max, preferably at 7.5k ohms. Be aware of cascade effect: bad plug wire kills coil... Bad coil kills ign.module, etc. Maybe a plug wire fell off?
Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul =?x-user-defined?Q?=BB?=

Reply to
clevere