Montana Air Conditioning question

I have a 2001 Montana and the A/C is not working. I don't feel the compressor kick in at all when I turn it on. I checked the fuses both in the cabin and under the hood and even topped up the coolant level. I am not sure what else to check myself before I take it to the dealer and have a couple hundred dollars of work done on it. (probably not that much but better to over estimate).

Anyone have any ideas?

thanks, Scott

Reply to
Scott Coyle

Assuming no DTCs were set?? Low refrigerant will cause the compressor not to engage. What underhood fuse did you check? On the 98 Montana, fuse #28 (10a) is A/C Clu. Also there is a micro relay, again on the 98 it's #13. A couple years ago I helped a friend work on his. I recall the troubleshooting tree was several pages long. Might check at a local library for a service manual.

Reply to
DonW