My V6 GT Feiro is over heating ????

Help.... My 86 GT feiro is over heating and I have taken the temeristst out ( sorry for the spelling) and replace the water pump also The belt. I dont know what to do any more. The caps seem like they are holding pis so any ideas that could be wrong????? i hear this sound under the car towerds the rear of it like a hose is lose or something. Im going to try to flush the rateator out but dont know if this will help or not...

ps it is not like it over heats alittle its like all the way to the red!!!!!

Reply to
godsword101

Getting the air out of a fiero cooling system is a process unto it own. First park it on a slight slope so that the front radiator is slightly lower than the back (engine) filling tube. Take off both radiator caps. fill the system with coolant until it starts to come out of the radiator in front. Put a radiator cap on the front but not the back. Keep adding coolant to the back till it fills up to the bottom of the fill tube. Start the engine. let it run and watch the coolant level in the back. Everytime you can't see the coolant in the back add more coolant. Eventually after a few minutes probably and hour, the coolant will stay in sight in the fill tube. Remember that there is a front radiator, and a long pipe from the front of the car to the back and the engine that all have to get the air purged. once you have done this procedure you can reinstall the thermostat and back fill tube cap. While you are at it turn on the heater too to purge air out of the heater core. When I did my 86 SE I got burned a few times because that sucker gets hot.

here is a useful link for anyone with a Fiero.

Les Benn

GT feiro is over heating and I have taken the

Fiero.http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/5007/fiero_osg/osg.html Well now i have to try to fix my head gasket lol this sucks I dont know what happend I did what you said and now this..... is there any thing i can do to fix it with taken the motor apart ????

Reply to
godsword101