Need HELP! Any tips about GM engine V6 3-litre

Hi folks! I live in Norway and I have a Grand Am SE 3-Litre V6 1987. For the last 2 months I have had BIG problems with the car. It ran bad/stopped and the SES light came on. When I tried to start it up again it stopped after about 2 seconds. Took it to a garage that replaced gasoline pump relay, oil pressure sensor and the MAF sensor. The car then ran fine for about a week. The same thing happened again, this time in the town I had bought the car from a friend that works on and sells cars. It seems that the problem came when the engine was warm. (Not overheated). Replaced ignition module, oxygen sensor, temperature sensor, spark plugs incl. wires, checked fuel injectors. No result. Sometimes the car didn't start even with cold engine. He then tried the MAF sensor from a Buick with the same engine. The car ran perfect! He drove it for about 2 weeks before I went to pick it up. The garage that had replaced the MAF sensor earlier had given me a new sensor. I put that one in the car, looking forward to finally have it back on the road. BUT the car still didn't run okay! The SES light came on and the engine wasn't running correct. We got the sensor from the Buick again, put it in the Grand Am and it was running fine. Drove it about 30 miles to where the Buick was. Put the new MAF sensor in the Buick. The Buick was running fine! The owner of the Buick still wouldn't let me trade sensors. Took the new sensor back in the Grand Am and it was now running fine! That is - for about 40 miles. Now the SES light came back on and the engine did not run good/stopped. Any ideas what can be the problem here? The Buick had a MAF sensor made by AC Delco. The ones I had are made by Standard. I believe that is a much used aftermarked brand. The part number is MF7834. Please give me a hint anyone that believe they can help, I need the car so bad, and so far I have used over $2000 on trying to get it fixed.... Knut

Reply to
Knut J. Vognstølen

What trouble code are they pulling from the computer? If you don't know, use the instructions on

or my site to check.

Reply to
Robert Hancock

I have sent the links to my friend that is working on the car. I also wonder if the problem would be gone of we had disconnected the battery for 15 seconds. Thanks for the tips! :) Knut

"Robert Hancock" skrev i melding news:Jv9zc.754271$Ig.174785@pd7tw2no...

Reply to
Knut J. Vognstølen

I have to thank you for this info - I been looking for trouble code listings on the 'net for some time now!

-- [*]~ Fuzzie Dice ~[*] Kitt: 1987 Pontiac 6000 w/ 145,000+ Miles Knight Dreams: The restoration of Kitt

FuzzieDice

Have you tried to obtain an AC Delco MAF? That seems to be the solution so far...

doug

Reply to
doug