need help with this 99 sunfire problem

Here was my first postfrom a couple of days ago concerning this problem

A couple of weeks ago my low beams would not work. The DRL and high beams and clearance lights all worked but no low beams. I took it to Pep Boys and they found out that the column switch was shot. A couple of days later, I have only high beams. No DRL, no clearance lights or Low beams. The clearance lights do not come on until the high beams are

on. Does the column switch have to be replaced again?? Please reply to my email with any suggestions.

March 14th, 2005 I went to Pep boys today and they did some tests on it and claim that it has to do with a ground from my cluster which is causing the problem

of the switch not working. They told me they could not fix it and would

have to take it to a dealer. It seems strange that they were going to charge me $82.00 to do the test , but when all is said and done it was free. I am thinking who ever put in the last switch screwed up something and they want to wash there hands of it. If it is some ground how costly is it to fix, according to Pepboys they grounded it and everything worked, so why couldn't they fix it?

Reply to
bdeditch

Just a update. I went to a GM dealer who said that this is impossible. I phoned Pep Boys and asked them if they would refund me the money if it was the switch. He then decided that I could bring back in and have them look at it again.

Reply to
bdeditch