No Air Conditioning "help"

My Air Conditioner went out suddenly on my 96 Sunfire. I have checked the fuses and they are good. The AC clutch does not engage. Could someone tell me what might be the possibilities? I know it's possible the clutch may have went out, but I am hoping there is a relay, a sensor, or something simple like that. Please help.

Reply to
Hoop

Could be low on refrigerant, if theres not enough pressure the compressor wont turn on, keeps it from self destructing.

Reply to
Paradox

Probably low on refrigerant R134A .

Bypass the cutout switch with a jumper wire and see if your clutch engages.

If it does, its working OK and your AC system most likely has a leak somewhere, that makes your compressor clutch inoperable until the system has the proper pressure.

Reply to
Hardpan