S40 2001 Air conditioning dead

Help!

My wife went to trade her 2001 Volvo S40 in on something else. The deal fell through, so we went to pick her car back up... and something is awry: The air conditioner is DEAD. The compressor doesn't turn on at all. I've checked the AC/Heater-related fuses both under the dash and under the hood, and don't see any that are blown.

We're working with the dealer to figure out what the heck happened, but they don't sell Volvos, so they don't know a heck of a lot about them. Grrr.... He said the car had gone to auction already but didn't sell, and he thought maybe an unscrupulous buyer may have tampered with the fuses to make the AC appear to be dead. Well, the fuses are good, but is there anything on those lines that might have happened?

Shot in the dark to diagnose on the newsgroup, I know, but I'd appreciate any thoughts. It's a little hot here in Florida. :-)

Thanks.

Reply to
Garner Miller

If the charge leaks out the compressor won't start. Could also be something simple like the fuse.

Reply to
James Sweet