Polycarbonate body minivan?

I've got a '94 Transport (polycarbonate body) and been told that '96 was the last year they made the Transport with the PC body. I'm looking to replace the '94 with another minivan that has both PC body and dual airbags (can't afford a new vehicle).

Any suggestions? I haven't been able to find much info on the internet to help with this search.

Reply to
bsfdl

The information you were given is correct. The last "plastic vantastic" was the 1996 model year.

You may want to look at a Saturn. They do have steel roofs etc, so are not as "plastic" as the Trans Sport/APV.

Reply to
clare

Thank you for this information. Do you have any idea why the Polycarbonate body was discontinued? No vehicle I've ever had has lasted this long without rust appearing somewhere on it.

Reply to
bsfdl

Cost. They are not cheap to build, and they last too long. Kinda like a Studebaker.

Reply to
clare

Because its damn hard stuff to get rid of, its toxic if you burn it.

Reply to
Paradox