pontiac aztek security lock up

I have a 2001 Pontiac Aztek that has a problem. The security sign comes on and the "service engine soon" comes on. This locks up the radio, door locks, windows, and lights. What could this be? If its a bad transponder key can I just have a new one made by the dealer? Frank

Reply to
m715fm

To all those who read this post and could not answer the question, I brought it to the dealer and it was a BODY CONTROL unit. Basicly a computer component that controles a lot of the functions. Reaplaced it at a total of about $750 with labor. Costs a lot but it work fine now.....Hope this helps any other AZTEK owners. Have a great AZTEK day.

Reply to
m715fm