Pontiac Grand AM 2000 Headlamp Replacement

I'm trying to replace a couple of headlamps and I'm having difficulty removing the black round clips from the splash guards and headlamp assemblies. Any suggestions? These clips appear to have an expandable anchor thru a round black washer.

Many thanks, John

Reply to
John

If I read you right try pulling on the center circle part of it. You may need a thin blade screwdriver to get under it.

Reply to
Bon·ne·ville

I had success with gripping the middle part with a slip-joint pliers and pulling straight up. Prying with a screwdriver was harder.

Then once the top covering is out of the way you have the challenge of lifting the latches for the headlamp assembly (the inboard one has to be lifted while pushing back slightly). And be careful removing the plastic retaining ring, the ears that hold the bulb in are easy to break off (ask me how I know).

I assume the 2000 is the same as 1999, which is what I have.

John wrote:

Reply to
Walt Morris