Pontiac Vibe Not a Pontiac

A Pontiac Vibe is not a Pontiac but a rebadged Toyota Matrix. All of you who thought you were buying American just dumped more moey in the Japanese ecomomy.

Reply to
Duke Ellington Von Wellinton III

Actually it is a GM and Toyota joint venture and built in Freemont Ca.

Reply to
StephenP

So is it a Toyota quality built or GM quality?

Thanks,

Simon

Reply to
Newbie

I've had mine for seven months (7k miles) with no problems, but only time will tell. The chassis engine and tranny are sourced from the Toyota Corolla, so I am betting on Toyota quality.

Reply to
StephenP

I've had my 2003 Vibe since October of 2002. No serious problems yet...I love this car. The only problem we've had is the first Delco CD player had to be replaced.

I am totally happy with the car, it's handling, parking, everything.

Melissa

message

Reply to
Melissa

So then is a Toyota Matrix not a Toyota, but a GM?

Tis a puzzlement!

RRon snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
GHOF

The Matrix is assembled in by Toyota in Canada.

Reply to
StephenP

Toyota and GM have been cooperating for awhile now, Think of the old Toyota Corolla and the and the Chevy Prism.

Toyota also sells a Cavalier in Japan, rebadged and right hand drive.

Reply to
Paradox

I suppose you drive a Mazda. Right? By the way, what is this " moey " that is being dumped in the Japanese economy ?

Reply to
FoMoCo49

The matrix/Vibe is built by North Americans in North America. Just like the Civic, Camry, Accourd, Corolla, and Rav4 -and many other "japanese" cars (and german, and Korean?) while the Ford Transit was made in Turkey, and now Spain - and many Ford and Chrysler cars are Mexican - - - - - - - .

Reply to
clare

/is/ built? I think not. Pontiac was shut down in 2010 and the Matrix was canc'd by Toyota last year.

GW

Reply to
Geoff Welsh

OK - WAS built.