Re: Is this Toyota quality??

They're made on the same ass'y line in Cambridge, ONT.

Reply to
Hachiroku

How often have we heard from the Toyota loyalist, who love to cross post in domestic brand NGs, tell us Toyota cares more for it buyers than do the domestics?

According to news reports, it will take Toyota several MONTHS to get all of the replacement linkages from it supplier, for the millions of vehicles involved in the recall, into the cars on the road being driven by its customers, who will need them.

Guess where Toyota is going to actually use the parts that their customer NEED? They will be used first for unsold new cars on the dealerships lots, then on the Toyotas in their assembly plants storage lots.

As you drive down the road, keep an eye open for drunks, those texting and runway Toyotas. ;)

> >> snipped-for-privacy@snyder.>>> >> >>> >>> SO --- ALL of the sffected vehicles are drive-by wire throttles - and >>> it IS a material problem. The Denso pedals made in Japan are OK, the >>> CTS pedals made in anad and the USA are all suspect. >> >> >>...and by the way - This line is complete bullshit. The problem was >>found in both drive-by-wire AND mechanical throttles. In addition, the >>company that made the suspect parts is *gasp* NOT American. > >> > Check your facts. The company is headquartered in the USA. Indiana I > believe. The parts are made in 3 American and one Canadian plant. > > ALL the affected vehicles are Drive By Wire on THIS recall. The > floormat recal is a totally different issue. > > >> The >>Japanese used a company - dare I say? - in CHINA. Ford halted >>production of a vehicle yesterday they make in CHINA, not because they >>had problems, but because it used throttle parts from the same CHINESE >>factory and until the problem is worked out they don't want a similar >>problem. This is why the recall by Toyota has been expanded into >>Europe. It has NOTHING to do with American parts, idiot. >> >>So get off your elitist ass, take your head out of it (and the snowshoe >>out your mouth) and get your facts straight. >
Reply to
Mike Hunter

Funny, Toyota is helping out GM Vibe customers. LMAO.

How often have we heard from the Toyota loyalist, who love to cross post in

Reply to
Canuck57

How do you expect them to do this overnight? Do you think GM, Ford or Fiat could do it faster?

And what order would you put them in?

Reply to
dr_jeff

Who dumped WHO?!

I think you have that backwards. Before I say what I'm going to say, bear in mind GM has had about 15 times the number of recalls as Toyota.

Toyota ended the relationship with GM. I think it's because GM just didn't care.

NOW LYAO.

Reply to
Hachiroku

Toyota built the Vibe, they should fix them.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Was a joint venture, but Toyota is moving on their customers best interests. GM bailed out of the venture leading into bankruptcy, so they lurched their customers.

Maybe Obama should give GM to Toyota for $1 to get them out of the taxpayers wallet.

Reply to
Canuck57

Actually the Vibe was built by NUMMI in California.

Reply to
clare

Actually, that sounds like a good idea.

Reply to
Michael Golden

Tom

Joint venture betwen Toyota and GM from what I understand. Defective part made in CAW plant in Canada, for a US corporation.

Reply to
Canuck57

Looks like GM walked away from pontiac owners....

GM walked away.

Reply to
Canuck57

Duh, repair the cars currently being driven on the highways by their customers, dummy. LOL

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling LOL

Mike Hunter

Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling LOL

Mike Hunter

Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling LOL

Mike Hunter

Once again our friend Canuck57 is telling us the sky is falling LOL

Mike Hunter

Yeah, I know that. Toyota was trying to help them build a higher quality car. Gm figured it didn't serve the shareholders to make cars a little better. "We're losing money on every car we sell, but we'll make it up on volume."

Reply to
Hachiroku

GM probably couldn't make enough for management bonuses, super fat pensions, Wagoner's take and the political contributions. Plus Toyota probably made GM pay it's bills or no cars.

Reply to
Canuck57