Pontiac vibe Stereo

Last year, my wife and I purchased a 2005 Pontiac Vibe AWD from a local dealer. The car was used and had about 43,000 kms on it. We purchased the car July 5, 2008. The original owner purchased the car on July 30th 2005, so we knew we had a month to find out if there were any problems with the vehicle and if so, to get it covered by the manufac. warranty before it expired. We found nothing. Then about midway through august one of the lightbulbs on the stereo's screen burnt out. We brought the car back to the dealer and said they couldn't do anything about it. As time went on, the remaining two bulbs blew making it impossible to see what is on the screen. This is a huge pain. Should we go back to the dealer or just think of buying a new stereo. It makes me wonder how so soon after the warranty, things start breaking. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
anthonyzadeh

If you take it back to the dealer, they would likely want to replace the stereo, at a huge cost to you (the stereo's aren't cheap). You could take the car to a car stereo shop, where they can re-sauder in new bulbs (the cheapest route), or you could install an aftermarket stereo, but usually you have to buy a module to allow the car to function properly without the old stereo.

Reply to
80 Knight

Reply to
Erness Wild

re-sauder? Public schools are FAILING USand so are YOU.

resolder

Reply to
I'm Right

I have a 2005 Vibe and my radio is still going fine (sound of wood knocking). When I'm in your shoes I'm going to replace it with an Alpine head unit with an iPod interface, about $250 USD out the door,

I wouldn't worry about the rest of the car. the radio is a GM radio, but the body, motor and transmission are Toyota, and if maintained properly should last a long time.

Reply to
John Karpich