Question?

Hello All,

Could someone please tell me what rebuilding your calibers involves.

Thanks

Reply to
Kernel Clink

Whats a caliber, do you mean calipers? Its the part of the brake that the brake pads attach to. I have never done a rebuild but the parts are so small it cant be that much to it.

Reply to
booboo

you really, really dont want to do that... see if you can get a whole unit from autozone, I helped my friend replace a caliper on his uncles 1995 escort and I dont remember it costing more then $100.

Reply to
Paradox

True rebuilding brake calipers does take small parts.But if you have never done it before it is a pain .This is the reason most people dont even do it any more,When rebuilding your just replaceing the seals.Take the caliper completely off the car pop out the piston.remove the two seals.Replace the inner seal and then the outter and reinstall the piston.Sounds simple huh but th hard part is getting the piston back in without ripping the new seal and getting it to seal all the way.best be is to get someone who knows how to do this or buy a new caliper.Been doing this for 10 years and there is too much time and stress involved.

Reply to
Steve Cook

Thanks guys

Reply to