Re: '00 GTP power-steering "pipe"?

It was the wrong one.

Hope somebody that works on these things regularly can help. > I replaced the steering rack with one from NAPA... and apparently the > metal line that runs from one end of the rack to the other was bent wrong > and is rubbing on the transmission dipstick tube and has worn a hole in > the line. It sort of wraps around the rack... one fitting is on the top > and one on the front, I think. > The local dealer says there is only one line shown on the rack itself, > and it's called a steering fluid cooling pipe or something to that effect. > He said that's not one of the two steering pump hoses... but he's not sure > if it's really the tube I need either. (He said the picture on his > computer is about useless as far as judging the shape or length of the > line). > So anyway, I have this part ordered and it will be here in a couple > days... but I'm a little bit concerned because the line I need doesn't > appear to have anything to do with "cooling". > Anybody know: > a) which line I'm talking about and > b)whether it's the same one the dealer is talking about? > Thanks for any insight. > David >
Reply to
David Courtney