Re: 1992 Bonneville cranks but won't start

Steve, Thanks for responding to my post yeaterday...the "code 58" info you gave was interesting to see. I too cut the wires to the resistor in the key and spliced in a resistor ...maybe I didn't need to do that but if I can get my car running again I think I might leave it in so I can get a regular key cut instead of a $45 key (lost one). Anyway, I put the old ignition module back on to see if it would run for 30 min. before dying like it did in the first place instead of

5 secs. like it did after replacing the module (have to wait for wife to get home from work...only key to Bonnie is on her ring:). If it does I'll return new module as "bad" and hope I get a good one this time. If it doesn't run will go to parts store for fuel presure gage and spark tester like I should have done to begin with. Once again...thanks and will keep you posted.
Reply to
SamIam