Re: 99 Grand Prix Overheats w/AC on

if the temp is normal with the air off, it seems maybe you have 2 fans? and one isnt running with the air on. if all seems well on the fans running constsnt with air on, you may need new radiator.

ds549

If I turn the key to 'ON' but leave the engine off, then turn the AC on, the switch light comes on, but I don't hear any noise at all. Should the fan come on at that point?

I was digging around under the hood again and I noticed that there are two fans on the back of the radiator. Does anyone know which one cools the AC radiator? Is there a separate radiator for the AC? (there was in my last car...)

When I start the car and turn the AC on (from a cold engine state), I hear a click... like a clutch engaging. The engine drags down a bit and the RPMs go up to compensate. I don't really notice any other change in fan noise. Maybe my fan isn't working after all... it would explain a lot (except why Tunex said it was fine).

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote:

Reply to
Bryan

I'm in hot as hell south florida, and a tranny cooler helped my overheating situation.

just a thought

Paul Michaels

2000 Yamaha YZF-R6 Fort Lauderdale, Florida My Motorcycle & Travel Pics
Paul Michaels