Pontiac remote range

I have a 99 Grand Prix, but I don't think the model makes a difference here.

Has anyone had troubles with crappy range on their keyless entry/security system remotes? Mine doesn't work 90% of the time until I hold it OVER the car. Behind the car (at waist level) will never work.

I've replaced the battery in the remote and it didn't help.

Has anyone had a similar issue and been able to do anything about it?

Thanks

Reply to
nfteblj

i have the same problem with my 1996 pontiac sunfire. i have to stand right next to the car for the remote to work and have replaced the battery in the remote as well as my second remote and still have the problem today along with many other engine and transmision problems. but using the manual key locks wasnt a option until i fixed them just recently since they were all sticking. but some lock eaze fixed that.

Reply to
mustangfan4640

Try this trick. Hold the remote under your chin against your jaw bone. When my car/remote was new, the remote range was decent and with the jawbone trick it worked from really far away.

-- Paul Michaels

2000 Yamaha YZF-R6 Fort Lauderdale, Florida My Motorcycle & Travel Pics
Paul Michaels