Re: Belt question on my Grand Am

Is the compressor going out or the pulley? If its just the compressor just dont run your ac or if you're worried that someone might flip it on pull the connector that works the ac clutch so it will just freewheel.

Reply to
Bonnevilles R Kewl

Sometimes there is a rattling or bearing noise coming from the compressor. The garage told me that if it gets any louder that it could run the risk of breaking the pulley. I'm not really sure how to "pull the connector that works the ac clutch" as you said, but a friend of mine who knows a bit about cars said that he might be able to help me put a new belt on that bypasses the compressor completely. I'm not sure which is the easiest way to bypass it, but I never use the AC anyways since it doesn't really work, and it's not high up on my priority list right now.

Reply to
KDawg