Re: Should I have to pay for this?

Spark plugs cant explode. But no you should be paying for what they damaged.

I took my 99 Sunfire in to get my oil changed, my tire pressure > adjusted and my coolant flushed & refilled. After the coolant was > refilled, one of my spark plugs shot out of the car and exploded. I > think it did this becuase the mechanic didn't have my car running when > he drained the coolant and after he refilled it and started the engine > to circulate it, an air bubble caused the explosion. I am now being > charged extra for new spark plugs (because they claim they can't > replace only one) and new wires. Theexplosion actually stripped the > inside of where you screw the spark plug in so I am also being charged > for a Healy Spring Kit to try and get the spark plug to stay secure. > If that doesn't work, the whole engine head has to be replaces. Either > way, I don't think I should have to pay for anything besides the cost > of what I originally brought the car in for. The exploding spark plug > wouldn't have happened had I not brought the car there in the first > place. Is it justified if I tell them that I will not pay for anything > besides the oil change, coolant flush and tire check? > > -- > Posted using the
interface, at author's request> Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards> Topic URL:
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:
Jack L. Spratt