Solstice - What a name !

I just saw a Pontiac commercial this evening showing all the current line up offered ( less the Bonneville ). At the very end an image popped up of the Solstice and mention was made of it being forthcoming.

I was trying to come up with some other name for the car. So far I got ~_~_>>>

  1. Petiteza ( prononuced Petite Zah ).
  2. Lemanza.
  3. Lemaz.
  4. P / 06
  5. Piata ( Mazda rip off ).
  6. Phirrahna

There could also be GT versions of the above models.

Feel free to add to the list...

Harryface =D8=BF=D8

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 300,941 miles
Reply to
Harry Face

Stupid name for a sports car. Think of how it sounds when someone asks you what you drive...."I have a Solstice" sounds lame as hell.

I was trying to come up with some other name for the car. So far I got ~_~_>>>

  1. Petiteza ( prononuced Petite Zah ).
  2. Lemanza.
  3. Lemaz.
  4. P / 06
  5. Piata ( Mazda rip off ).
  6. Phirrahna

There could also be GT versions of the above models.

Feel free to add to the list...

Harryface ?Ø

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 300,941 miles
Reply to
Jack L. Spratt

Since the car company is based off of a Native American name why not use=20 Native American names when ever possible?

ANEVAY ANGENI CATORI FLO LEOTIE SINOPA SOYALA: Hopi name meaning " time of the winter solstice."

Reply to
Bon·ne·vil

Since the car company is based off of a Native American name why not use Native American names when ever possible?

ANEVAY ANGENI CATORI FLO LEOTIE SINOPA SOYALA: Hopi name meaning " time of the winter solstice."

Reply to
D.S.

Reply to
Bon·ne·vil

I hope this new Solstice will not stop suddenly on June 21st!!

LOL

-CC

Reply to
ChrisCoaster

G6 is nowhere near the Prix, its replacing the Grand Am, The Grand Prix is the one thats getting a big closer to the Bonnieville.

The Solstice doesn't look as good as its sister car, the Saturn Sky, but its just a tossup which one has the stupider name.

Reply to
Paradox

The Bonneville and GP share the same drivetrain, which is basically why the Bonneville has become a poor seller. For the $35k+ sticker of the Bonne, you can get an extremely loaded GP. Therefore, dealers aren't stocking them, and buyers aren't buying them.

No one is banking on the GTO being the flagship. It's a limited production car, to begin with...

Reply to
InjunRAIV

The Solltice should sell quite well. Its base price of under 20K is at least $10,000 below other 2 passenger 4 cy covertibles, like those from Honda and Toyota. The Honda S2000 at the NY show was 34k. That is thousands more than than the 2005 300 HP V8 Mustang GT convertible

mike hunt

ChrisCoaster wrote:

Reply to
MikeHunt2

How about just going to a numbering scheme?

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

It will only sell, though, if it has RWD, a manual available, and at least a V6. Otherwise, it's just like every other little roadster on the market.

I'm not holding my breath, though. GM hasn't made a decent roadster in... I can't remember if they've ever made one, actually.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

The drive train is indeed RWD, that is why they can sell it for under 20K. It has a high-winder 4cy, like its much more expensive FWD competitors, however. Buick has a similar vehicle, with a V6, in the wings ;)

mike hunt

Joseph Oberlander wrote:

Reply to
MikeHunt2

I'd like to note that the base price is ABSOLUTELY base. No A/C, remote keyless entry, power windows, locks, mirrors, Foglights, Cruise Control, Driver Information Center, ABS, limited slip rear axle, On-Star, AM/FM Stereo w/CD & MP3 (or AM/FM Stereo w/6-Disc CD Changer in Dash & MP3) (or Monsoon Speakers), XM Radio. But then, who needs all that with a roadster?

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

Things like A/C, remote keyless entry, power windows, locks, mirrors, Cruise Control, ABS, limited slip rear axle, AM/FM Stereo/CD actually add less than $1,000 to the production cost of a vehicle.

mike hunt

Phillip Schmid wrote:

Reply to
IleneDover

I find that completely believable.

The most expensive thing on the list would be the A/C. Changing an open rear-axle to a limited slip costs ~$200 IF you do it after it's been bought (like on the 05 Mustangs), so the manufacturer can do it cheaper. Motors and circuit boards are pretty cheap nowadays too.

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

There IS someone up there who loves us. :)

Now, stick a 5 speed in it and we're set.

Reply to
Joseph Oberlander

Yeh and they are not selling well either.

Reply to
Lil Rascal