Should I have to pay for this?

I took my 99 Sunfire in to get my oil changed, my tire pressure adjusted and my coolant flushed & refilled. After the coolant was refilled, one of my spark plugs shot out of the car and exploded. I think it did this becuase the mechanic didn?t have my car running when he drained the coolant and after he refilled it and started the engine to circulate it, an air bubble caused the explosion. I am now being charged extra for new spark plugs (because they claim they can?t replace only one) and new wires. Theexplosion actually stripped the inside of where you screw the spark plug in so I am also being charged for a Healy Spring Kit to try and get the spark plug to stay secure. If that doesn?t work, the whole engine head has to be replaces. Either way, I don?t think I should have to pay for anything besides the cost of what I originally brought the car in for. The exploding spark plug wouldn?t have happened had I not brought the car there in the first place. Is it justified if I tell them that I will not pay for anything besides the oil change, coolant flush and tire check?

Reply to
Neutron

Completely unrelated, no way the coolant flush would have caused a spark plug to go flying.

Its in your best interest to replace all the spark plugs now anyways, theres only 4 of them, your probably hitting 100,000 miles anyways, so new plugs isnt a bad idea either. Try and get them to give you a deal on it, like sell you the parts at cost or something.

Reply to
Paradox

If you bought the car new and never touched the plugs, then perhaps Pontiac stripped it during installation at the factory. Of course the car is out of warranty. If it can be prooved those are the original plugs perhaps the dealer will work with you on cost & parts.

Sounds very strange that it actually happened. Anything is believable today.

Harryface =D8=BF=D8

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 300,459 miles

000,006 - Feb 4,1991

100,000 - Sept. 4, 1995 200,000 - June 19, 2001 1/4 Milllion - Jan 16, 2003 300,000 - March 3, 2005
Reply to
Harry Face

You are wrong...and you've managed to let anyone who has even the slightest knowledge of how mechanical systems on an engine work...how little you know about it. Don't try to blame the poor shop/mechanic about something that is totally unrelated. I hate customers like you....always thinking that everything that happens is because they had it in for some unrelated work. Shit happens...it happened to you... and it probably happened at some other shop. Deal with it.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai

Ditto. GW