Starting Up

Probably a dumby question, but I'll ask: I have a 1988 Pontiac 6000 with the 2.5 (4-cylinder). 125,200 miles. While I have my hood up and I start the car, while it's turning over, the whole engine wiggles considerably when it's starting. Is that normal or not? Even when it's running, the engine wiggles a little bit when you change the RPM or when it sputters and makes the little lawn mower putt, putt sounds... lol

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Travis King

Without actually looking at it ... some movement is expected, but if the engine is really thrashing about, you may have a broken motor mount (or two).

Reply to
REP

Okay, thanks.

Reply to
Travis King

You probably have a "torque strut" engine mount that the engine pushes on, and it may be worn out. They are known to do that.

Reply to
Joe