sunfire

how come i can't find any pontiac sunfire before 94? I just bought a 95 sunfire... does that mean this car is so unreliable that it will break down with in the year?

Reply to
BW

What the hell gives you that idea? There are no Sunfires prior to 95 because before then it was called a SUNBIRD!

Dur I cant find any Bonnevilles prior to 57, does that mean it will break down within a year?

Reply to
Bon·ne·ville

LOL !

========= Harryface =========

1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE ~_~_~273,437 miles_~_~_
Reply to
Harry Face

Just so I dont come off sounding like an ass I was chuckling when I posted that so read it light heartedly.

Reply to
Bon·ne·ville

haha... well. i didn't know there's no sunfire prior 95... Many ppl told me sunfire is not a very stable car, and i thought it just won't run after a certain age... :P I just bought this car and it has a very high milage, and the fact that there's "no market" for < 94 sunfire, + all the -'ve things i've been hearing about sunfire... I wasn't sure if the sunfire will last... my thinking was.... if there's no 94 sunfire on the market now... what makes me think there will be 95 sunfire in the market next year...... haha.. does that explain it?

pretty reasonable, don't u think? haha

Reply to
BW

Reply to
Bon·ne·ville

"BW" wrote in news:xhZzb.563536$6C4.63290@pd7tw1no:

told me sunfire is not a very stable car, and i thought it just won't run after a certain age... :P I just bought this car and it has a very high milage, and the fact that there's "no market" for < 94 sunfire, + all the -'ve things i've been hearing about sunfire... I wasn't sure if the sunfire will last... my thinking was.... if there's no 94 sunfire on the market now... what makes me think there will be 95 sunfire in the market next year...... haha.. does that explain it?

I drove a 1995 sunfire up till June of this year. It had more than 130K on it when we replaced it. Gave it to a friend who's car had been totalled. He's been driving it for 6 months with no problems. The only "issues" I had with it was a leaky valve cover gasket, a misaligned neutral safety switch (sometimes had to "wiggle" the stick to get it to start) and a 3 month period when I went through 2 starters and 4 alternators. I blame ALL of that electrical mess on the idiot at the shop with the wrench. Never had a problem with the electrical system before or since.

Reply to
orwell

I can see the reasoning, it would be good if there were 94- models that were made, but none were being sold.

I had my 99 for almost 5 years and 76Kmi and the only problem I had was the leaky valve cover gasket and a blown alternator (my fault) The battery was the last thing replaced under warrenty, but thats not really the cars problem, it was ACDelco's, since it was one of the defective ones where the positive plates inside of the battery come loose from the bolt to the outside. I didn't BEAT the car, but I did make it pick up and go, and the powertrain never gave me any complaints. Got all the oil changes/system flushes done relatively on schedule (4000 till the next oil change isnt THAT bad) but I did wait till 50Kmi to do the 36000 mile transmission flush. The seats could have used more padding, but hey its an entry level car, what can you expect.

Reply to
Paradox