Fan Speed in a Grand AM

I Bought my new Resistor pack on Nov 13 03 ... Installed it on Nov 28

03 and it blew out on me today Dec 4 03... now i only have positions 4 & 5 (worst then before) ... Did anyone else get this bum deal... I called the dealership that sold me the part they only have a 14 day return on all electrical parts policy, But they are checking to see what AC Delco can do. I will update when i hear back from the dealer or AC Delco.

Tony.

Reply to
ANicosia

Check to make sure there are no restrictions on the air ducts. The blown resistors might just be a symptom of another problem.

Reply to
Bon·ne·ville

One of 2 problems - restricted airflow to the resistors, or high motor current.

Reply to
clare

If you can, check the commutator & brushes on that blower motor, Clean same if needed.

-- markwb

2001 Bonneville SLE

Reply to
markwb