transmission?

i was driving last night and my car wouldn?t shift gears, it took a block or two for it to finally shift...then when i was driving on the highway it downshifted on me for no reason, my car is automatic. A few times it smelled like something was burning from the engine, like burnt rubber, i know it has a little coolant leak so I dont know if I should think much of it. A couple people have said i just need a flush but i called a place and they said that my transmission might be going on it. When i was driving today it drove almost fine...the accleleration is a little slow and it still shifts kinda late...the check engine light also pops on every once in a while but it doesnt stay on permanently...i have checked all my fluids and they look fine...i dont know what to do...its a 91 sunbird with only 77,000 miles on it...i bought it less than a month ago from an older couple, they took care of it but some of the maintenance wasnt up to date, like when i bought it it was nine months over on the oil change and im not sure if they ever changed the air filter...but when i got it it drove fine but it has been consisently getting a tiny bit slower and choppier with acceleration. I?m just looking for some possible problems or some input here...anything will help and i will appreciate it...

Reply to
kangapoo