turn signals inop

I own a 93 pontiac sunbird, two days ago, the signals quit working. My first move was to check the fuse, was good then the flasher, still good. checked all light bulbs all good. Went one step further and replaced the signal switch, the signals still do not work. The hazzard (emergency) lights still work. Started testing some wires with a test light and a ohm meter found lrg resistance in rear signal ground wires, I suspect a bad ground or an open. My problem is if it is a bad ground I have know idea where to find it. Also tried replacing the signal bulbs just incase, however the signals still do not work.

Reply to
autoh8r

If it is a bad ground as you suspect, you could ground one or more light sockets directly to ground to see if it works.

Reply to
=?x-user-defined?Q?=AB?= Paul

I had a similar problem on my 2000 STS. Problem was caused by a defective hazard light switch.

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

John Smith