Vibe: Yea or Nay?

I'm seriously considering a Vibe as a "cheap man's Matrix". Supposing I could get one for about Ca $3000 cheaper than a comparably equipped Matrix, would it be considered a good deal? Is there anything to fear about this car? I understand that the Pontiac name may mean less resale value than Toyota, but is it really and truly the same car?

Thanks, Joe

Reply to
Joe Mildenberger

Same car. Both are made at the same plant. Look at it this way, you pay $3000 less now and in a couple years there may be $1000 difference but you still got the better deal there. I'm not sure about problems with them but I've heard about a brake problem.

Reply to
Phillip Schmid

I've been driving a 2003 Vibe, front wheel drive, for about a year now. I love the car and have had no problems at all. I have about 8K miles on it right now.

We tend to keep our cars...my last was a '85 Astro that I drove for almost

15 years. The Vibe has been a nice change. Nice drive, comfortable, good gas mileage, lots of room, easy to park and handle, all I wanted in a car.

0% for 5 years helped too.

Melissa

Reply to
Melissa

Do not get the option 17" tires. They are worthless in the snow. I have 16k on my car no problems. Can't beat the gas mileage.

Reply to
Tj

I'm at 26k and counting now on mine. Stock tires are about shot. Pulled my drivers side handle off last winter.

Some Vibe design flaws:

- antenna is right in the middle of the roof rack. This doesn't work well with kayaks or canoes, antenna unscrews easy enough, but then I always forget to put it back on...

- Visors hit the rearview mirror when flipped down. Couldn't they contour these a little???

- Roof rack does not spread front to back far enough. Larger loads are a little rickety, but it works.

Some good things:

- Seats fold down flat. And are hard backed. This is great. I'm 6' and can sleep comfortable in the back. Plus I haul all my stuff around.

- 110V outlet is neat. Haven't used it yet though.

I love mine. Plan on driving it into the ground. Stay tuned for progress updates.

Eric

Reply to
Eric

Where's the 110 volt power coming from?

-- markwb

2001 Bonneville SLE
Reply to
markwb

There's a small 100w inverter with an outlet on the dash.

Reply to
Eric