Washer stuck in a 400 engine..help me out on this one please

Morale is low in my garage...After a long day of dropping a fully rebuilt and ?ready to go? engine into my 69 firebird, a metal washer (3/4"-1" diameter) rolled into the distributor hole and dropped out of sight. After spending an hour or so with some magnets and a flashlight, I decided that I either need a smaller magnet or that the washer had fallen out of magnet/grabber reach.

Anyone have an idea where it probably fell? Or do you know of a website with a cross-section of that area? My next plan is to lift it out and remove the oil pan, with the hope that it?s sitting in the bottom. What do you guys think?

Reply to
standrew16

Before pulling the engine i would see if your local tool rental store has a flex boroscope you can tape a magnet to it.

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

Todd

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

seeray28

Try a small shop vac.

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: >

tj

Reply to
Stuuder