1984 944 Heavy vibration at idle

Hi all:

My 1984 944 has had a heavy vibration at idle since purchasing it a year and a half ago. Everything runs well(very well in fact) and I have mainly made cosmetics repairs other than an alternator replacement.

My friend who is more mechaniocal than I am said that he thought vacuum leak somewhere could be the culprit, while I suspected motor mounts.

Has anyone else had this problem, or know if this is typical for that year and model? (It's anon-turbo, auto transmission version, by the way.)

Thanks

David

Reply to
1davidmcwilliams

Could be a vacuum leak; however, motor mounts or an issue with the belt that runs the counter balance shaft is more likely.

Reply to
Guru
+1

The motor mounts collapse. Get solid replacements or get real Porsche hydraulic mounts. The aftermarket > Could be a vacuum leak; however, motor mounts or an issue with the belt that

Reply to
someone