924 oil consumption

Hi guys,

Well, I'm still enjoying driving my 924 but it seems to be using up a fair amount of oil - just wondered if anyone had an idea what might be causing it. I changed the oil and filter two weeks ago and have covered roughly 700 miles in it since - I seem to have lost 1.5 litres of oil (is that around

1.6 quarts?) in the process, which seems a bit too high by my accounts. It's got the Audi 2-litre block, which looks very clean all round and didn't seem to show any signs of an oil leak when I changed the oil. It certainly isn't losing any when it's sat on the driveway. I haven't noticed any blue smoke or any particularly oily fumes from the exhaust. The only odd thing is that since I've had it, the oil pressure guage seems to read quite high. I'm using Castrol GTX 15w40 oil. According to the book, the oil pressure should be around 5 bar at 5500rpm (IIRC) - the pressure guage is pretty much always up at around 6 to 8 bar, only dropping to 5 at idle once the engine is up to temperature. I didn't consider this a problem since it doesn't seem to be leaking oil from anywhere - but does anyone have an idea about what might be happening?

Cheers,

Chris.

Reply to
Chris B