996 Sat Nav Disk (UK)

Hi all

I've just purchased a 2003 996 and discovered (too late) that the data disk (UK) for the sat nav (PCM) system is missing. Does anybody know if there is an after market equivelent to the original Porsche item and where I could get one from, or better still somewhere where I could download an image of the data CD and burn my one?

Thanks

Malc

Reply to
Malc Coupar

As far as I can tell the only disk available is through Porsche (they will direct you to the OEM and it can be ordered online). The disk is about $100USD. Bi!!

Reply to
RV WRLee

Thanks for that, but I checked with Porsche in the UK and they supply the disk for appx GBP350 or USD500! That's why I'm looking for an alternative source. The data is supplied by NavTech, but they have an agreement with Porsche that they won't sell disks direct to the public.

Cheers

Malc

Reply to
Malc Coupar

I had to replace mine because of damage when I dropped it. I called my local Porsche dealer who directed me to the Navtech website where I ordered a new one online. They shipped it to me overnight and it was $120.00 including shipping. BTW, it was only one disk for my region of the US not the entire package of

5-6 disks which might explain the difference. It came in the original Porsche box but it was mailed directly from Navtech. Bi!!
Reply to
RV WRLee

Porsche UK no longer work with Navtech so you can't buy the product direct anymore. They used to be 159 Euro (just over £100).

My Porsche dealer told me £260 plus VAT for the 2003/4 disc which is not out yet (probably because Porsche are still trying to tie up data contract?)

Colin

Reply to
Colin M

Thanks Colin.

I bought one from the Porsche franchise in Guernsey for GBP214, its a 2002 disk.

Cheers

Malc

Reply to
Malc Coupar