Convert plastic top to glass in boxster?

I have a 2000 Boxster S that I would like to convert to using the glass rear window. Does anyone know if the newer tops would fit or if there is a conversion kit?

Thanks, Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

Andrew - I have a 2002 and was told it couldn't be done. I really find that hard to believe. Please post what you find out.

-Jay

Reply to
JayL.

It can be done....The cost is somewhere in the neighborhood of $5,000...You need a 2003 top and frame.

JR

Reply to
JR

Have you done it, or do you know anywhere it is documented? Thanks for the info!

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

Had the same reply from my dealer. Replacing top is not enough. Frame must be replaced as well. Can definitely be done but will cost $$$. Didn't do it because I always drive it open or not at all.

If I were to replace my top for some reason I'd reconsider it...

Mark.

===

Reply to
mark