Boxster A/C question..

I know the older 911's weren't the best for cold A/C. Does anyone know how efficient the Boxster's are? It's in the 90's here about 4 months out of the year. Thanks. Mark in Fla. (delete "nospam" from email addy)

Reply to
Mark

"Mark" wrote

Quite good - central valley in CA is no problem at 90-100. Would be even better in FL with the humidity.

Floyd

Reply to
fbloogyudsr

I have a black top and I've had to kick the temp down to 69 or 70 to stay relatively comfortable the last few weeks here in central florida.

Reply to
John Riley

The a/c in my '03S is the best I've ever run into in any car. It makes cold dried air at all speeds and at any outside conditions. Compressor operation is completely imperceptible too. It looks like the Germans have finally gotten the message.

___

Buck Fush

Reply to
Jim Kent

Thanks for the info!!

Mark in Fla. '73 914S 2.0-4

Reply to
Mark

Very nice. Set the digital temp, turn to auto and forget it. If you set to 72 and it is cold in the AM, the heat turns on. Afternoon, the AC. Even adjusts fan speed.

It is 93 here today with brutal humidity. I run the AC with the top down sometimes.

Reply to
mike focke

OK, I took my digital psychrometer along on a top-up ride in ~87F degree temps. The outside dew point was about 70F. In 'auto' mode with the target temperature set to 70, the air coming from the registers hung around 50F and 45F dew point. Not too shabby. When the temperature control was set to "LO" and fan speed one tick below center, the air averaged ~44F with a 37F(!!!!) dew point. Yowser. Now *THAT* is air conditioning!!!! In either mode, the system had no problem maintaining the temperature set point (in auto) and meat-locker behavior in LO. The cabin dew point hung in the low 50's in all modes. Best damn air conditioning I've ever owned.

___

Buck Fush

Reply to
Jim Kent