Preformed Brake lines

Does anyone know where to get preformed brake lines for a 93 Wrangler? Thanks. Dennis

Reply to
Lovs2fly

Like the steel portion of them? Easy enough to make on your own. The cheap bending tools may help for some of the sharp bends, but often a spray paint can, or screw driver handle works better to get the bends you need. Don't be afraid to just make what you need.

Reply to
Rusted

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Hi Dennis, I used a bender and flaring tool to make my transmission lines. The kind of bender that I used was a little different than the spring version that Bill's link will show you. It has 3 spaces on it for 3 different tubing sizes and two handles, one for the vice and one for your hand. Actually it was hinged. It worked really well. I just hand to coat the tubing with neverseize to keep the tubing sliding in the bender handle. I dont know If I'd do the brake lines though, I guess I dont see any reason why not. If you have the time, it would be cheaper than the route that I took. I purchased preformed stainless steel brake lines on my jeep CJ. Yea, they were a bit pricey but I know that I'll never have them rust out on me.

Chip

Reply to
Chip

And do not forget to double flair the break lines.

Coasty

Don't listen to everyone else, go to

get their 800 number (the kit you want isn't on their websight, but it is in their paper catalog) and ask them for the pre-bent stainless steel brake line kit for your year...

160 bucks or so, and worth every penny of it IMHO to have no kinks 100% stainless steel, even the "coil armor" which you wont get with a roll of rust prone steel tube. Perfect fittings the exact right size (all the master cylinder fittings are different sized), everything already formed...

prepare for a good couple of hours of twisting and sweating things into place but it's worth it (again in my opinion).

a couple tips: lossen anything you can to make pushing the lines through easier, fuel lines, vapor return line, E-brake bracket, take your wheels off on the drivers side, remove your plastic frame cover and the little metal cross piece below the grill, this will make it possible to put the front right line in without major bending... the driver rear (long line) at the wheel well and the powersteering pump take some sweating and some twisting and a couple choice cuss words.

I like the peace of mind of knowing I'll never have a rust spot blow out during a panic break. also the coil armor (just like stock) looks and feels sturdy... the stainless steel wire is probably harder than anything it could rub up against on a Jeep.

Reply to
Simon Juncal

Second that. When I resurrected my `79 CJ-5 I bought the stainless pre-formed brake lines and never regretted it. I did bend my own stainless fuel system lines and even using the remains of the originals it was a challenge because there's so many angles to match.

As for shipping for lovs2fly, they fold the tubing into halves or thirds to fit into a UPS-able shipping box.

Of course, putting both sets of lines in was a _whole_ lot easier on a bare frame.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

Yeah and they even put a sticker at the bend that reads "shipping bend"

I bet, doing it on a running Jeep was definitely a chore, there are some places where you have to put some extra bend, or slightly unbend temporarilly to get the line past the power steering gear box (passenger side line) and you have to start it just right, starting with getting it past the gear box so the other half is free to twist and spin the whole line, then the other half tucks in easy. that and the part that runs up over the frame rail at the rear wheel required a little extra bending.

Reply to
Simon Juncal