GT3?

I understand buying a GT3 if you want to go racing. But why would anyone want one for normal driving?

Reply to
John Doe II

To say they have one? Because there's money that needs to be spent?

Check out all the BMWs with an "M" > I understand buying a GT3 if you want to go racing. But why would anyone

Reply to
someone

Ummm, I guess I'd love to have one. They look great and, I imagine, drive great, too. Yes, stop-n-go traffic isn't where I'd want it, but the same is true of any of these cars, no? I would probably reserve it for weekends and track use. Alright, occasionally I'd drive her to work just so others could have the privilege of seeing it. ;~P

DS

95 993 Coupe 74 914
Reply to
The Dead Senator

Saw a moron on 167 southbound the other night try a lateral maneuver in his M at a high rate of speed and almost hit the median.

Reply to
Devils944S2

I saw an Automotive exec being interviewed on Speed Channel a while back, talking about the Hummer line. One of the other panelist asked her why on Earth anyone outside the military would need these monsters? Her reply: For the same reason people need a $5000 dive watch that'll work at depths no human could survive - people like performance overkill; they want to have a performance advantage even if they never need or use it. Heck, in a way a GT3 makes more sense. A GT3 owner is a lot more likely to use it for its intended purpose (to drive quickly) than a Cayenne S turbo owner is to go off-road ;). epbrown

-- "Everybody wants a normal life and a cool car; most people will settle for the car." Chris Titus

2003 BMW 325i Black/Black, 2003 BMW Z4 Black/Black
Reply to
E Brown

Because sometimes you might need to get to the store in a hurry.

Reply to
Jim Keenan