Re: Checking out a car

Too late to help you but maybe someone else will benefit...

Several Porsche speciality mags. have run used 944 (and in fact all Porsche model) buying guides that offer specifics to look for in a particular model.

Also, before buying a used Porsche you should try to have it checked out by a qualified mech.

Lastly, suggest one read a book or two on buying (and selling) a used car. There is a lot of good general info -- including a checklist of things to look at that one can use when looking over a Porsche -- and the time you spend reading up on shopping/checking out/buying a used car will time well spent.

Sincerely,

MarcW.

H> Tomorrow im going to look at a 83 Porsche 944. I know you guys have probably

answered this a million times, but what are some good questions to ask and > things to check (besides the usual timing belt service and why are you > selling it and so forth). When driving it what should I look for? Thanks > for any help.
Reply to
Marc Warden