Soooo.....?

Looking for a fun car as a good way to kick off retirement. Narrowed my choices down to either the new C6 Vette, or a 997 Porsche. Which would be the better car to get my name on the waiting list for? Is the Porsche worth the extra money? I have owned many sports cars over the years, but never a Corvette or Porsche. Ownership experiences? Advice? Opinions?

Reply to
Seth Green

There is other sports cars??

Reply to
Dad

Ah yes, the monthly troll.......

Bernard

Reply to
Bernard Farquart

Retiring? Fully loaded Buick LeSabre. No doubt.

Reply to
Devils944S2

Devils944S2 spoke thusly:

Now THAT'S funny...

Reply to
Diode

I'm always surprised how these two are mentioned interchangeably, as if they were remarkably similar. The M3/911 debate I could see, but Corvette and Porsche are built to completely different driving dynamics - the buyer should test drive both and pick the one whose style they like most. Or split the difference and get a Boxster and a Mustang Cobra... Emanuel

Reply to
E Brown

Good advice, leaves more for me.

Reply to
Dad

Oh my gawd. Now I know why I'm not retired -- failed to order the Moonroof. {{;-)

Regards, "Mike"

-- mikeellison3xxxatzzzyahoo.com --

Reply to
Mike

Most of them come with the left turn signal on all of the time. They are either gold or white, take you pick. The one option that I still don't understand is the thin gray hair dome in 5 of the six seats, they all bobble.

Reply to
Dad